ASA to Offer Day Care Subsidies at Annual Meetings
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Posted by: Julie Van Camp
The American Society for Aesthetics is pleased to announce that the ASA Board of Trustees has unanimously approved a new program to subsidize day care at its annual meetings, commencing with the 2017 meeting in New Orleans.
Providing on-site day care is prohibitively expensive for ASA, as it is for many other professional associations. It is hoped that this subsidy will provide meaningful assistance to members with day care needs. The new policy is modeled after the day care subsidy offered at the APA-Pacific meetings. The ASA policy is as follows:
(1) Persons requesting assistance must be current members of the ASA and must be registered for the annual meeting;
(2) Requests for assistance should be submitted to the Secretary-Treasurer no later than the week prior to the meeting;
(3) Review of the request, including any special circumstances, will be conducted by the Secretary-Treasurer, the President, and a member of the ASA Finance Committee;
(4) Persons requesting assistance are responsible for finding their own day care for the meeting and understand that ASA is unable to provide recommendations or services itself or in any way warranty the quality and reliability of any local day care services;
(5) The support provided shall be calculated as follows:
a. Cost, with documentation, of dependent care during the meeting
b. Minus any subsidy provided by the traveler’s home institution
c. Minus any savings in home dependent care costs realized by the traveler as a result of attending the meeting.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org